Saturday, November 1, 2008


Well it's my birthday weekend and Debbie and I are having a good day together along with the minor inconveniences of getting a 13 year-old to listen to us with respect. Tonight it is out for Chinese at my favorite place in town, then Rocky Road ice cream and cake with present opening tonight. (Gee I feel like a kid again, even though I'm 49).


Tomorrow it's a trip to visit my parents in Winnebago County. I told Mom not to fix anything or worry about another cake, that ordering out pizza is just fine. I've requested that I would like to go to a guitar store and look around for my birthday sometime. Tonight I read in church too(closet Christian, yeah we knew it all along.) Had to get some tips from friend Tim on how to read and what to say. I think I'm ready.


Tomorrow we visit Stephen at the group home. I look forward to seeing my son on my birthday and to have the whole family together. Rumor is that I will get a 48-pack of guitar picks from Stephen. The togetherness is definitely the best present though.
Other notes:
If you haven't checked out this website, please do. It is the Youngturks. The commentator is kind of like Bill Maher, telling us exactly what he thinks whether we want to hear it or not!!

No comments: