Saturday, November 8, 2008

Music Inspirational Thoughts and More


I think I will call Mike Tollifson today. He is the man who first inspired me to play guitar.

I am very impressed to be playing my very first "gig." It is at the Thanksgiving dinner served by Immanuel Trinity Church. I will play for about an hour after delivering meals to shut in's earlier in the day. This will be a great new way to spend the holidays. Debbie and possibly son Ryan will be going over to help as well. I have 40 songs I will be chosing from and I'm excited about what reaction I may get from people at church.

This morning I am doing youtube surfing and finding some fascinating new artists which include:
Caroline Herring, Mark Geary, Laura Kemp, Emily Kurn, Peter Mayer, Jud Caswell, Ron Fetner, Terrence Martin, Stephen Hunter and a band called Bread and Roses. I also took some of the morning going through what the best songs will be for Thanksgiving. Well, the Highlander Grogg coffee tastes great and I'm ready for another day. After calling Mike and Craig today I will call Tim about going bowling today. (hope to hit 150)


Hope your weekend is full of warmth and love and caring. Even on a cool cloudy day in the 30's in Wisconsin, I plan to have a great day!


No comments: