Friday, November 14, 2008

Greg Mars Hits the Blogosphere


A man who I would count as one of my top ten friends in life has written a new blog. I highly recommend the new blog from Greg Mars. His writing is fresh, incisive and insightful and he has a very unique perspective on life---not to mention a great sense of humor. Greg is one of the few people who could make me laugh until I cried. Greg worked with me in the radio business in Amery many years ago. He had a show called "The Mars Cafe"--a very well respected show with faithful listeners(including my brother in law Craig) We had show called "Sportschat" where we had a lot of fun--and that is an understatement. Favorite memories--doing the radio show from a barber's chair, seeing how much gum Greg could chew and still do the weather, broadcasting from my house and having to pause because my wife was mowing the lawn in the background, and oh yeah...Greg having fun playing a tape over and over of me swallowing a fly while doing baseball play by play. That was quite a blooper. :) Greg's creativity is boundless and I'm sure it will be reflected in his blog. Welcome to the blogosphere Greg, and I heartily recommend my blog friends to take in the Mars Cafe experience on tattletalegray.blogspot.com. It's worth your while. I promise you.


1 comment:

G Mars said...

Wow, what a glowing endorsement form a quality feller! I forgot the gum-chewing. The barber shop Sportschat is still asked about.
I was unable to comment until now, but I thoroughly appreciate it. I also recall a really cool baseball game, where I was calling it form the back of my old pickup, with a $20 topper. It was such a great noise when foul balls hit the roof!
I still use the topper for my yard tools.
You are sorely missed in this area, baby.