Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving is for Giving

I love the name "Thanksgiving" because the word is made up of "thanks" and "giving." These are two very imporant words. What I experienced more of yesterday was the giving part of the word.

At Immanuel Trinity we volunteered to help deliver meals, and serve Thanksgiving dinner to hundreds of disadvantaged people in the Fox Valley. What a great feeling one gets from pure giving. My wife Debbie and son Ryan also helped and it was a great experience for them as well. If I have faith in anything, it is in the marvelous potential of the human heart. Good hearts were seen all over the place.

I also got to show off my modest guitar playing. I played a two sets including a total of 15 songs, once in awhile telling the folks what I am thankful for. It was an exhilarating experience.


The set was as follows:

  1. I Can Only Imagine
  2. The Boxer
  3. Blue Divide
  4. Fire and Rain
  5. The Kite Song
  6. Beyond Belief*
  7. The Whippoorwill
  8. Heavenly Day
  9. Arrowhead
  10. The Courier
  11. Texas Blues
  12. Old Tennessee
  13. The Island
  14. Last Fare of the Day
  15. Lawrence, Kansas

"Beyond Belief" is a song I wrote, for my wife Debbie, about her generous nature and how lucky I am to have her by my side.

I feel I gave of myself completely, and that is the best and most unique feeling in the world :)

p.s. Have been listening to Yusuf Islam lately. He is a very interesting person with some great messages for all of us. I would urge you to listen to this man, who is a devout Muslim(formerly Cat Stevens.)

No comments: