Thursday, November 13, 2008

Getting Ready to Give Thanks



As I prepare for my guitar playing at Immanuel Trinity Church on Thanksgiving I am coming up with a song list. I plan to also talk about what I'm thankful for, interspersing my comments between the songs.





  1. Heavenly Day(thankful for just being on Earth)


  2. The Beauty of the Rain(thankful for the beauty of reflection)


  3. Dove and the Waterline


  4. I Can See Clearly Now(thankful for the ability to think postively in a world full of obstacles)


  5. New Year's Day(thankful for seeing things in a brand new way and for new beginnings)


  6. Beyond Belief(thankful for my lifetime companion Debbie)


  7. Reunion Hill


  8. Grocer's Broom(thankful for hard work and restful days deserved)


  9. Over There(thankful for the miracle of children)


  10. I Had Something(thankful for the gift of spiritual yearning)


  11. The Ballad of Mary Magdalene


  12. Northbound 35


  13. Gray Green(thankful for the gift of being new parents and beholding this new child)


  14. Blue Divide


  15. Ain't No Sunshine(thankful for the companionship in marriage)


  16. Take Me Home(thankful for the peace of rustic roads)


  17. Texas Blues


  18. So Says the Whippoorwill(thankful for freedom)


  19. Lighthouse Light(thankful to that light in our souls that leads us home)


  20. This Little Light of Mine


  21. The Storms are on the Ocean


  22. Houses in the Fields (thankful for the dedication of the nation's farmers and their respect and connection to the land)


  23. Love is Our Cross to Bear(thankful for love)


  24. Ponies


  25. She's All There is to Me (thankful for the love of Debbie)


  26. I Can Only Imagine (thankful for imagination and love)


  27. I Saw My Youth Today


  28. Waiting for the Storm


  29. Arrowhead(thankful to those young men who fight and die for freedom)


  30. The Kite Song


  31. TV Light


  32. The Boxer


  33. Lawrence, Kansas(thankful to the farmers who work so hard---to Donnie and Bev)


  34. State of the Union(thankful for the courage it takes to beat a drug habit--to Tim)


  35. This Land is Your Land(thankful for the USA)


  36. The Island


  37. On a Sea of Fleur-De-Lis


  38. Senor


  39. Old Tennessee


  40. Peace Will Come(thankful for peace that comes being bathed in perfect love)


From this songlist, I will be choosing the songs I will be singing at Thanksgiving. It will be a great experience to be able to share my music and the songs I love. I look forward to meeting a lot of wonderful people and in giving what I can. It could be the most meaningful Thanksgiving of all.

The true joy in life is giving and I am learning this at a late age, but I think it is never too late.



No comments: