Saturday, September 13, 2008

Glen Campbell Strong at 72


When I was a child growing up in the Fox Valley I remember my parents listening to a good variety of music. Classical was perhaps their #1 music of choice, but right in the midst of the 60's their choices were very interesting. Is was not Sinatra or Elvis, but it was The Association, The Mamas and the Papas, Cat Stevens, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass and Glen Campbell. "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" and "Wichita Lineman" were great and timeless tunes.




Well, Glen is out with another album. "Meet Glen Campbell" is a neat mix of songs from other great musical artists from Jackson Browne and Paul Westerberg to The Velvet Underground. Listen to Glen on Acoustic Cafe here:










I think you will be surprised at how fresh sounding a guy in his 70's can be. He truly loves his music.

Other notes:

This week I will be going to see a musician by the name of Paul Otteson. I will review the concert soon on my blog.

1 comment:

Jealous Bitch said...

And, hey GC is like on my FAVORITE songwriters EVER.