Monday, September 29, 2008

Garfield is Back and Other Notes




We were afraid Garfield the cat would not come back, but he did---45 hours later after enjoying the freedom of nature. The problem was he missed his food, water and shelter. There goes Maslow's Hierarchy at work again.




We are thankful to Garfield for coming back. Debbie's friend Brenda, who was visiting from Northwest Wisconsin says it was her prayers which brought him back. I think we should give the little guy some credit for having the navigation skills to find his way home.

On other notes....The Milwaukee Brewers are in the playoffs and Ryan and I were there in the right field bleachers to witness history. What a great father/son experience. It sure washed away some of the minor discipline problems we had earlier in the weekend. :)

Also, today I start the first day of 2nd shift at work. Will be a little bit difficult to get used to not seeing the family as much, but I'm excited about taking my own team at work and getting them to be as productive as possible.

On the fitness front, I started the morning off with a 10 mile indoor bike ride in 30 minutes. It will be great to have my 1190 RB machine during the cold winter months. There will be no excuse to not work out. Hope I can pick up the pace, or at least keep that respectable pace. May start some work on the treadmill too.

More science vs. faith talk in my next blog post. See ya.

No comments: