Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Anne LaMott is an Interesting Person


Tonight I spent some time not before a real TV, but Youtube on the laptop. It's often a much better alternative to being fed something on TV. You can look up something yourself instead. Tonight, it was a one hour interview with Anne Lamott(author of "Bird by Bird" and a number of other books). It was very interesting how her voice patterns and way of expressing herself is similar to my sister-in-law Iris. Wow, it was amazing. Sometimes it seemed like I was listening to Iris's expressions and sense of humor. LaMott is a Christian(who like my friend Tim) turned to God to help her from severe alcohol abuse.


It is interesting how she vacillates from one topic to another and many of her ideas(like Iris's) are so unique!

Musically---I have checked out a CD by the late Townes Van Zandt. He is the inspiration for much of Lyle Lovett's music. Lovett was once quoted as saying that when he looks at himself in the mirror, he sees Van Zandt. That is a bit spooky but kind of cool at the same time. I tried the song "Flyin Shoes" tonight on the Martin DXM and it was fun to try to adapt it to the style I want to play it.
Well, I guess it's time to read some Hitchens....over and out.

No comments: