Thursday, October 2, 2008

Team Leaders Socialize









































2nd shift at work is underway this week and I'm currently adjusting to the new time schedule. Changing from a 7-3 shift to a 2pm to 10pm shift is a little different. I have to keep myself busy in the morning. Luckily, I have my manual project to keep me busy. I'm currently developing a manual for team leaders to use who are hired in my position(no, I'm not trying to work myself out of a job) Right now, trying to coordinate with other team leaders in other departments is the main challenge. I have to have faith(ha) that things will work out. My fellow team leads are quite a bit younger, around 30, which makes it extra hard for me to stay in the loop all the time. They are very gracious about including me but I have a hard time understanding their music and some of their values(Tim we talked about this).

Last night the gang went out to a sports bar at the suggestion of Eric, who is a bit of a partier. I held myself to two beers over 2 and a half hours, while Eric and Amy guzzled down 3 or 4. Had fun playing darts, but did not give in to the alcohol culture and temptations like I did in college. I had to refuse quite a few drink offers. Good for me ----right? Eric has a great sense of humor and kept us laughing much of the night. Got home about 12:30 this morning, and good thing I can sleep in a bit at home. Still have the manual project to do though.





Now to the faith vs science part. I had a good conversation with fellow team leader Amy about God and belief. She admitted that she was struggling with her faith as many do. She said she has a friend who is an athiest, but they get along well because they respect where each other is at at this given point in time. That's neat. I revealed that I like Richard Dawkins(a little risky for work politics) but at least it was a way we could share something different than work talk. Eric also expressed he doesn't understand church and has to keep from saying inappropriate things about ministers and the like. The other team leader didn't talk much, hopefully she wasn't offended as a Christian. Playing darts was fun too. You know the funny thing----I could have been drinking Pepsi's and still had a good time. Ah yes, alcohol the much vaunted drug of choice. Alcohol is highly overrated, but two drinks every two months will probably not be fatal(ha).




In other notes. Here is what one religious fanatic's view of Dawkins is:

Rolston Responds
Posted on: Wednesday, 1 October 2008, 15:00 CDT
DESPITE the impossibility of evolution ever happening, the evolutionist is certain that it has. The rigorously tested scientific evidence of evolution that J. C. Buchanan-Brown talks about is this: "We can make the point that, however improbable the (evolutionary) origin of life might be, we know it happened on Earth because we are here.'' (Richard Dawkins: The God Delusion, p137)
He has also stated "I believe, but cannot prove, that all life, all intelligence, all creativity and all `design' anywhere in the universe is the direct or indirect product of Darwinian natural selection.''
So much for the rigorously tested scientific evidence. There is none. And so much for Buchanan-Brown's statement that "one does not believe in evolution or the Big Bang''. He has just been contradicted by none other than Richard Dawkins.
The contrary evidence I referred to is the mathematical and biological impossibility of evolution ever happening, even if we allow hundreds of billions of years.
Non-living matter does not give birth to life. That is one of the laws of nature that has been observed down through the centuries. No one has made it happen in a test tube, and no one ever will.
But according to evolutionists, it has happened in the past. They just don't know when, where, how or why. Very compelling evidence!
Evolution and the Big Bang violate other laws of nature, but evolutionists won't worry about that.
On the other hand, creationism violates none of the laws of nature. So which one fits the evidence best?
Of course I am biased, J.C., just as you are. We are just biased on a different side
.



Isn't that the most arrogant, rambling and illogical piece of writing you ever saw? Illogical minds are very frightening. Intuition will tell you that evolution is true. Think about it.
I've also been watching youtubes on Richard Dawkin's "God Delusion" speeches. One in Virginia is very interesting. He surely stirs up a lot of pomposity amongst people who are sure of what they belief and they want you to believe it too.


p.s. Check out my "We Are Beatrice" link on my favorite internet sites. One of my relatives is in the band. Hope you like the music. :) I do very much.

No comments: