Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hopper Versus King, Pro Life Views a Litmus Test for Intelligence?


There is a very interesting political race for the 18th State Senate in Wisconsin. Randy Hopper, the Republican, and Jessica King, the Democrat. It seems the two are most divided on pro-life/pro-choice, health care and revenue to local municipalities. I know Hopper is 100-percent with the NRA and I'm not sure what King's stance is but I would think more towards the gun control side.


My question is this. Is being pro-life a litmus test for the ability to reason and general use of logic, i.e. intelligence? And, shouldn't we be voting for the most intelligent candidate? Isn't Hopper's inability to reason through matters to become pro-choice a stumbling block that should be noticed by the voters? I believe he sees the world more through a faith-based lense than King's more objective scientific approach. Hopper who has been invited to parties with the Bush's is trying to buy this 18th Distict Senate race. His extremist views regarding gun rights should also open the voters eyes, but are the voters perceptive enough to see what is going on?
I will continue to campaign hard for Jessica on my campaign phone calls and the fact that Hopper is a former boss of mine only confirms my feelings about his character and ego.


No comments: