Sunday, August 3, 2008

Promisekeepers Experiment

This coming weekend, I will be attending a Promisekeepers Conference in Peoria. I see this as a continuation of my spiritual journey. I will find one on one interaction with "the believers" a very enriching experience. My friend Tim from church will be accompanying me. Hopefully I will coming back with many stories about how my perspective on life has been enhanced.

What I'm most interested in is how Christianity makes peoples' lives better. I will be the silent observer, silent about my pro choice inclinations, silent about my being a Democrat, silent that I side with NOW on many issues, silent about the possibility that Christianity may not be the only path to God. And..yes...silent about the fact that I'm not sure there is a God. I will find the one on one conversations interesting. A lot to write about. This experience will be truly be one "outside the box. "

Wish me luck. I have faith that everything will work out alright. (ha)

4 comments:

Will said...

I would not last five minutes at a Promise Keepers convention. It's going to be terrible. :(

Questions About Faith, Etc. said...

It will be interesting, that's for sure. I sort of feel like an undercover athiest spy. (ha)

Will said...

This is my assignment for you, should you choose to accept it. Get ONE person to admit that the Bible story might be fiction and/or God might really not exist.

Questions About Faith, Etc. said...

That's one of the things that my church friend Tim and I disagree on the most. I have told him that I believe the Bible doesn't represent the word of God word for word, but it's all up to the person's interpretation. He also admits that a so called personal relationship with Christ is unique to the person experiencing it, therefore there is a large subjective component involved.

I will take you up on your assignment. Plenty to write about when I get back.