Sunday, August 31, 2008

OBAMA RALLY MONDAY






labor day rally


going to the obama rally on labor day
going to show my opinion and listen in every way
hope will show its face for sure
for democracy's illness there is a cure

it will not be trickle down, but hope from the foundation
at the rally a unique combination of folks--a great association
love burgeoning without limit
placing our flag at the ideological summit

the dignity of work and the america's promise
to fulfill destiny of every man and woman on this planet
with dr king energy we will sail
hope will prevail hope will prevail hope will prevail

i am my brother and sisters keeper
to love's core i go deeper and deeper
i will follow barack's dream
because we are on history's right team


We will be attending an Obama on Monday and my wife and young son will be passionately at my side. I look forward to seeing the seeds of change being planted first hand. :)






When picking up my tickets for the event at the local Democratic Party Headquarters this afternoon, I also volunteered for some phone calling around the town I live in. I will have to study up on the issues. Step one is to watch Obama's Denver speech and pick up some new ideas. Step two is to study Obama's issues section of his website to be absolutely ready for anti-Obama counterpoints that callers bring up. I will probably also get some coaching from the Democratic Party HQ on how to best go about making the phone calls in the most effective and efficient way possible. . So far their leadership seems pretty good. Time will tell, but Democrats have better ideas but have some trouble getting organized.

Jaifa

No comments: