Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In the Secret


Playing "I Can Only Imagine" at church Sunday morning was great. Over 100 in attendance. During the service, the choir sang "In the Secret," a song made famous by the Christian group Mercy Me. My wife Debbie recommended that I play that for my next guitar solo. I have been practicing it today and Debbie said she liked it. To me it feels as if I'm playing it in a John Gorka sort of style with my own brand of chording. It's Capo 6 like "Heavenly Day." A very cool range to sing in that fits me perfectly. So I'm ready with my next song when ever they need me .


The song can be found on Youtube sung by a group called "Shane N Shane." Kind of interesting.






IN THE SECRET

In the secret,In the quiet place
in the stillness you are there
In the secret in the quite hour I wait, only for you
Cause i want to know you more
In the secret In the quite place
In the stillness you are there
In the secret in the quiet hour I wait
Because i want to know you more

I want to know you I want to hear your voice
I want to know you moreI want to touch you
I want to see your face I want to know you more

I am reaching for the highest goals
That i might recive the prize
Pressing onward Pushing every hinderance aside
Out of my way
Cause i want to know you more

Repeat Chorus and first verse and end



The song brought a nice smile from Debbie. That's my goal. She says the song could also be about couples and wanting to see each other in new and different ways, to love them more deeply perhaps.

If Charlie were still alive, he would say I was a "closet Christian."

I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Have a good evening. May the stars shine brightly in your corner of the world.



2 comments:

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

hi there, I just got your comment about my surgery. It could definitely benefit your wife, and insurance MAY cover it if she has 2 comorbidities (ie. high blood pressure, sleep apnea, etc.) feel free to email me if you have any other questions. :)

redgrevillea said...

nice acoustic guitars!!