Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mom's Health Improves



I had a wonderful conversation with my mother today. She is recovering from major surgery. Doctors took out a one foot section of her colon on Wednesday. She is already back home(returned Saturday) I am overjoyed by her recovery so far and am optimistic that she will get better and better as the days go by. Tonight she is back on the internet after a long break. It's good to have her back on line. She says she has been reading my blog with great interest and that word's from Gertrude Stein came to mind, and she adds her own addendum:





There ain't no answer.


There ain't going to be any answer.


There never has been an answer.


That's the answer............By Gertrude Stein





Addendum: The BEAUTY is in THE SEARCH. (By Mom )








Boy, that's it. The beauty is in the search. Each new day is a wonderful adventure. That's what it is all about. Mom, you have it exactly right.





Other notes:





I've been working on a new song for church. I will be playing guitar and singing this Sunday. I have been trying to adapt a song called "Lighthouse Light" by Ry Cavanaugh. I first heard the song from a group called Redbird consisting of Jeffrey Foucault, Kris Delmhorst and Peter Mulvey. Kris sings it with amazing passion.





LIGHTHOUSE LIGHT





Lighthouse light keep on shinin'


Keep those ships from your shores


Lighthouse light keep on shinin'


Shine on --- for the one I adore





There's a fairy boat comin'


Across the cold gray sea


There's a fairy boat comin'


It's bringin' my love home to me





There is a light in the distance


It's coming from the west


There's God's light in the distance


I'm thinkin of the one who I love best





Lighthouse light keep on shinin'


You keep those ships from your shores


Lighthouse light keep on shinin'


Shine on---for the one that I adore



Wish me luck with the song. Church leaders may not like it because it doesn't center on God enough. One thing is for sure, the song comes directly from my heart.

No comments: