Friday, July 4, 2008

The Bucket List, et al.


As you may notice, I have written my personal "Bucket List." Why wait until you have a life threatening condition to write one? I may add from it from time to time if I think of anything else.


Other Notes:


Have been practicing for my live house concert in late August(ten song set). Songs I'm most excited about include: "I Can See Clearly Now," "Ain't No Sunshine," and "Famous Blue Raincoat."


We are going to Wisconsin Dells for vacation for the 4th. Heard they have a pretty good fireworks show. Family members are getting cabin fever. It's the perfect time for this. Thanks to Sam's suggestion, I will be taking Carl Sagan's "The Varieties of Scientific Experience" with me as my read by the pool book.


Good luck to my mother(who is 77) who is going in for surgery Monday for her diverticulitus. They may have to put off the surgery because of the possible presence of c. difficile bacteria, but hope they can get to it as soon as possible. I love you Mom! I visited her yesterday and even though she has cramps and nausea, her spirits are 100-percent intact, and her sense of humor and smile are alive and well. Dad is a wonderful resource for her, helping her out every step along the way. I'll keep you posted on Mom's progress.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Bucket List idea (oh, to have been at Wimbledon yesterday). Very cool blog.

Bill Cooney said...

Your Bucket List is fantastic! Reveals a lot about you. BTW, thanks for the kind comments you posted on my blog Re "Nothing Short of Brainwashing." As you probably noticed, my site is brand new, pretty bare bones. Still learning my way around. But I would love to link to your blog as it engages many of the things we both seem fascinated by. Maybe my darker side about God and faith could stand a little moderating.

Anyway, feel free to promo my blog, and I'll do the same for yours. After I mow the lawn, I'm going to give a close look at yours.

A Bucket List for everyone! Great idea. Think I'll get started on my own.