Saturday, July 26, 2008

Faster Computer

It's amazing how having a faster computer can change the way you use the internet.

We just increased our speed about 1000 times by going to Charter Internet. Youtube has an incredible amount of music/concert videos, speeches, video clips, etc. I have already discovered some new talented artists like Nathan Gaunt, Storyhill, Janice Esch and Krista Detor. Broadband definitely broadens one's world. As my 13 year-old son Ryan would say, "Welcome to the 21st Century Dad!!" Amen.

I would also recommend a video from Carl Sagan which I will post today(an excerpt from Cosmos) where Carl is walking along a beach and talking about the future of the Earth. Very poignant.

Today the family will visit Mom as she continues to recover from diverticulosis. Sunday I will sing "I Can Only Imagine." They rejected "Lighthouse Light" because God was not emphasized enough. Better luck next time. At least I know I can play "I Can Only Imagine" with a lot of confidence.

Have a good week everybody. :)

More later.

2 comments:

Tim Malone said...

Ah...a faster internet connection always makes even the oldest and slowest computer seem faster.

I hope your mom is doing better. I'm sure she appreciates such an attentive son. Do you play "I can only imagine" on the guitar or piano?

Questions About Faith, Etc. said...

I play it on a Martin DXM guitar. I love the sound....have had it for a year and a half now.