Saturday, January 3, 2009

John Lithgow


One of my favorite actors is John Lithgow. His exceptional level of talent gives me great faith in the positive potential in human beings. Perhaps most commerically famous for his wackiness on "Third Rock from the Sun," the man has much more substance than what comes from the mainstream. His real genius comes from the live stage, broadway, his current play is "All My Sons," which transcends the tripe of the laugh track TV shows exponentially. Check out a great interview with Lithgow at Bill Moyer's site at:










Do you remember Lithgow from "World According to Garp" and the Twilight Zone airline passenger? He is one of the greatest actors in the world and can be mentioned along with greats such as Olivier, Stewart and Malkowvich. I was somewhat confused when John sold out to commerical TV and did the dumbed down Third Rock. He is much better than that----much much better.




1 comment:

Bill Cooney said...

Great post. I saw the Bill Moyers Journal interview the other day also. I had no idea he was so complex an individual and actor. I especially enjoyed his poetry reading during the interview. You could see how moved he was by the poetry as he read it.

Anyone who wants to know more about this fine actor should definitely go to the link you posted and watch the Moyers interview. I've got a whole new appreciation for John Lithgow.